jeudi 3 avril 2008

March TIF Challenge

An afternoon to achieve this... Un après-midi pour faire ceci :


I appliqued the yellow fabric on green linen with misty-fuse and then added some red with painticks... J'ai appliqué le tissu jaune sur du lin vert en utilisant du misty-fuse puis j'ai ajouté un peu de rouge avec un paintstick.


Does it look like a close up of a croton leave ? I hope so... I was really scared about using misty-fuse and paintstitcks for the very first time. But I'm rather pleased with the result. I'm waiting for paintstick color set up to add borders. This green/violet fabric with black spots makes my work fits the Sharon Boggon's color palette.

Je voulais représenter un gros plan d'une feuille de croton. J'appréhendais d'utiliser du misty-fue et des paintstitcks pour la première fois mais je suis plutôt contente du résultat. J'attends d'avoir fixé la couleur rouge pour ajouter des bordures. J'ai trouvé le tissu qui va aller pile poil avec la palette de couleur de Sharon Boggon.

2 commentaires:

Meg in Tennessee a dit…

It does look like a croton leaf, you did a very good job. I like the use of the paintstick and the misty fuse. Details was an interesting challenge this month.

Unknown a dit…

It's worked really well - I like the clarity of the leaf veins very much.